Loyalty scheme - Terms and Conditions
1. The terms and conditions herewith (“terms”) govern the:
i. participation to the the48ers.com (“website”) loyalty scheme (“loyalty scheme”),
ii. gathering and the use of the loyalty scheme’s rewards (“rewards”) as well as
iii. any offer associated with the loyalty scheme.
2. The below terms and conditions define the terms of the agreement between the48ers.com and the individuals who participate in the loyalty scheme (“loyalty scheme members”).=
3. The loyalty scheme is open to anyone above the age of 18 or over. The48ers.com has the sole right to decline the participation of an individual to the loyalty scheme for any reason.
4. Subject to paragraphs 6 and 7 of these terms, rewards are earned and may be redeemed against purchases made by the loyalty scheme members. Rewards are in the form of rewards points (“points”). Points can be accrued and redeemed on the48ers.com website only.
5. Points will be awarded on the basis specified in paragraphs 6a through 6e of these Terms and Conditions or on such other basis as may be notified to you by the48ers.com from time to time. The number of points will be calculated on the basis of qualifying purchases made by the loyalty scheme member during the designated period (“the reward period”). At the date of issue of these Terms and Conditions, the reward period starts on March 6th 2017.
6a. The amount of a qualifying purchase will define the amount of points the loyalty scheme member will be rewarded with. The amount of points at any given point defines the loyalty scheme member’s point balance.
6b. For each euro of qualified purchases the loyalty scheme member’s points balance will be increased by 1 point. Should the point balance cross 300 points for the first time, the loyalty scheme member will be eligible to redeem points against future purchases in the form of a discount. Each point redeemed equals to a 0.033 euro discount on a future purchase. In such future purchases, points can only be redeemed if the qualified purchase is worth (in euro value) more than the total discount amount offered as a result of points redemption and i. after the application of any additional discount program that may run simultaneously and ii. before the application of any taxes or shipping fees.
6c. The point balance cannot exceed 1,500 points at any given time. In case of a purchase that could increase the loyalty scheme member’s point balance beyond the 1,500 points threshold, any additional points exceeding the 1,500 points threshold will be cancelled and will not be eligible to earn further rewards.
6d. Points have no cash value until redeemed on a purchase and the48ers.com retains full ownership until such time.
6e. Awarded points may be cancelled in case a loyalty scheme member’s order is partly or in full refunded at a later stage.
7. In order for the loyalty scheme member to be eligible to earn points, the member will need to login into the website. Additional Terms and Conditions may apply. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions page for more details.
8. Points cannot be earned and cannot be redeemed in the cases of: (a) tax charges (when applicable); (b) shipping fees. The48ers.com reserves the right to amend these types of transactions from time to time by announcing such amendments via the website.
9. The value of any points redeemed as part of a transaction will not be eligible to earn further points.
10. Points are valid for use until the loyalty scheme program is valid for.
11. Point balances cannot be transferred from one loyalty scheme member to another, sold, or traded in any way.
12. Should a loyalty scheme member wish to exit the loyalty scheme program, no refund can be made in any other form other than offering to redeem any remaining points through the website.
13. The loyalty scheme membership may be cancelled by the48ers.com for reasons such as fraud or a breach of these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs the loyalty scheme member’s point balance will also be cancelled and zeroed and no reward value will be issued in respect of such point balance.
14. The48ers.com may refuse to authorise the issue of reward values and/or to redeem rewards which have been issued if the48ers.com reasonably considers that the loyalty scheme is being used fraudulently by the loyalty scheme member.
15. The48ers.com reserves the right to amend, cancel as well as withdraw the Terms and Conditions of this loyalty scheme at any time. Wherever possible, the48ers.com will provide the loyalty scheme members with advance notice of any such amendments. The loyalty scheme members are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as any amendment to them by continuing to participate in the loyalty scheme program. It is the member’s responsibility to become aware of the Terms and Conditions by frequently visiting the website.
16. The48ers.com has the only right to terminate this loyalty scheme program giving the loyalty scheme members a notice of 30 calendar days to utilize any remaining reward points. Any such announcement will be made via the website. During this period specific product availability cannot be guaranteed.
17. In relation to the loyalty scheme member’s personal data protection, please refer to the section Personal Data for more information. Information the loyalty scheme member supplies during the account signup form together with information relating to the member’s transactions, purchases and participation in the loyalty scheme can be used for the purposes of administering the loyalty scheme and for statistical analysis.
18. From September 1, 2020, reward points that are more than 6 months old will be automatically cancelled.
19. In case of any query related to the loyalty scheme member’s reward balance, the loyalty scheme member should contact the48ers.com at: firstname.lastname@example.org.