Before you place an order
1. What are the countries that you ship to?
We ship globally via TNT Express / FedEx.
We also ship via Cyprus Post. Currently, due to the global pandemic, Cyprus Post currently ship to specific countries, currently are (update October 12, 2021):
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Brazil (only EMS service)
- Czech Republic
- Denmark (no EPG service)
- Russian Federation
- S. Africa
- S. Arabia
- S. Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States.
Note 1: Due to the global situation, the estimated delivery times that are shown during the checkout step are impacted and delays should be expected.
Note 2: From May 6, 2020 a surcharge of 1.75 euro per each Cyprus Post shipment will be applied.
Note 3: In case the destination country is not shown please contact us at: [email protected]
Note 4: Kindly note that each shipping method may exclude specific countries. The shipping address should clearly indicate the name of the individual that will receive the parcel.
2. What is the average order processing time?
Orders are usually shipped either on the same or the next business day after a payment confirmation is received.
3. How are the shipping fees estimated?
The shipping fees are estimated based on the destination country, the method of shipment as well as the total weight and volume of the package(s).
4. What are the available shipping methods?
The available shipping methods are:
- TNT Express / FedEx International
TNT Express or FedEx International Priority are the available options (depending on the destination country). The delivery time varies and depends on the destination country. A tracking ID is provided and the delivery process can be tracked via the TNT / FedEx websites. The Couriers may apply changes to the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. For up-to-date information please refer to their official websites (https://www.tnt.com/ - https://www.fedex.com/).
- Cyprus Post
- Regular Mail - Registered. A Tracking ID (special bar-coded number) is provided to track and trace the parcel. This is the most economic shipment method and is available for both Zone 1 as well as Zone 2 countries. Please note that some destination countries do not provide visibility regarding the delivery process within their boundaries. Insurance is provided up until 40 euro.
- EPG. With this shipping method, the parcel is handled with top priority and is delivered (as a rule) at the recipient’s address provided that the recipient is available during the delivery time. It can be tracked through a Tracking ID and is available for the following countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Greece, Estonia, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Holland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Finland.
- EMS. The quickest shipping method available via Cyprus Post for Zone 2 countries (see below), though more expensive vs. the Regular Mail one. According to Cyprus Post it typically offers a guaranteed delivery time from the time the parcel arrives in the destination country, provided that has cleared customs. A tracking ID is also offered.
Cyprus Post may apply changes to the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. For up-to-date information please refer to the Cyprus Post official website (https://www.cypruspost.post/).
Cyprus Post Zone 1 countries: European Union countries and Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, the Vatican, Liechtenstein and Monaco.
Cyprus Post Zone 2 countries: Other European countries and countries in the rest of the world.
5. Do you offer Registered shipment?
Yes. All shipping methods include a tracking ID.
6. Can I change the shipping method or address after placing an order?
We will try our best. In such a case please contact us immediately at [email protected].
7. What about Customs & local / import taxes or other charges?
When placing an order with a delivery address outside of the European Union there is a possibility that the parcel(s) may have to clear Customs and import taxes or other type of charges could be applied by your local authorities.
Note: Prior placing an order please ensure that you are aware of these potential additional charges from the various parties involved including the Post as well as the Courier companies by contacting the destination country's official representatives / Customs authorities as we carry no responsibility for any additional charge.
8. How do I know that my order is confirmed?
When an order is placed an email is automatically dispatched. In cases where such an email is not being received please login in your account and confirm that the order is placed, If not, please contact us.
Note: In case the confirmation email has not been received, please check your spam / junk folder.
9. What are the available payment methods?
We accept the following methods of payment:
- JCC Payment Systems, Cyprus All major Credit / Debit cards can be used. No need to have / create an account with JCC Payment Systems.
- PayPal (no need for a PayPal account / be a PayPal registered user).
- Bank transfer NOTE: UPDATED bank account details from 1/1/2021.
Account holder: C.I. Scale Model Hobbies Ltd
Bank name: Hellenic Bank
IBAN: CY03 0050 0201 0002 0110 8945 2301
Use your order number in the comments section. In order to process your order faster, it is suggested that a screenshot of the payment receipt is sent to us at [email protected].
Note: the exact amount in EUR should be received in order to be able and process the order.
- Cash payment (store pick-up)
Additional charges or handling fees may be applied by PayPal or your bank so please make sure you are aware of these prior placing an order and using the respective payment methods.
10. What is the base currency?
The currency used is Euro (EUR). All other currencies displayed in the website are indicative ones and do not reflect necessarily the final order amount.
11. How can someone contact you?
We are available between 9am and 5pm EET / EEST time zone Monday to Friday, except from local (Cypriot) public holidays. We can be contacted at: [email protected]
12. Shipping restrictions for specific countries
As customers have reported significant delays in delivering orders in Central, Latin America as well as in the Caribbean, only the TNT / FedEx or the Cyprus Post EMS service are the available shipping methods. These shipping methods ensure that the goods are delivered much quicker and also provide greater visibility during the delivery progress.
Shipping to the United Kingdom. The recent EU - UK trading agreement implemented new actions on behalf of the online marketplaces. As a result of this, a minimum order amount of 155 EUR (135 GBP) is enforced so that UK VAT is not applied at the point of sale. The minimum order amount may change based on the EUR / GBP FX rate or / and the UK VAT office directions. Please note that customers that place orders with a UK destination should be aware of any potential charge, tax or duty may be applied prior placing an order.
13. Shipping address
The shipping address that will be used to mail the order is the one defined by the customer during the checkout process.
No other address is taken into consideration. Specific payment methods like for example PayPal may indicate shipping addresses details but these are NOT used by us for shipping the order.
Last update: August 8, 2021